Sunday, August 1, 2010

And so, it begins.

  This is my spanking new wedding blog!!! The funny thing is,  I'm not even engaged yet. Buuut, before you storm away from this page because I sound like a poser-bride, please know that I sense the proposal is coming very soon. Actually,  I KNOW it's coming soon. Besides, I'm a full time student and I thought it would be a good idea to get a head start before the Fall semester craziness engulfs me. The truth is I am not one of those girls who has been planning her wedding since she was six. So, now that my time seems to be around the corner, I finally have a good reason to start day dreaming about my epic day.
    Just through daydreaming and browsing the web, I've realized my "problem" is I love way too many things.  I come from a family of circus performers. I was raised in the midst of continuous change and people from all over the world. I'm a free spirit who loves life way too much to pick favorites. I'm intrigued by items with historic and cultural value. Yet, I like the modern, abstract and unordinary. I feel connected to the raw beauty in the nature God created, but I'm not a "hippie". I adore Asian fashion, but I crave for the bohemian simplicity. I also love India-inspired interior design. I'm the kind of person who can dig through piles of items on sale, to find one item that I'll treasure. I'm thrifty, yet I'm not stingy. I'm a Spanish girl that does not fit the stereotype but hangs on to a hint of traditional flare. Man, I could go on forever. I think you get the picture.
This is the journey of a budget-conscious and eclectic bride doing her thing without making a confusing mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment